Creating a culture change in service orientation through training 2,200 top executives in a real-life environment
Client Sector: Telecommunications
How did we exponentially increase company sales at a telecommunications company? By using our Reality Training to prepare 2,200 top executives to be experts and role models in customer service.
This leading international telecommunications company identified that their sales representatives played a critical role in providing strong customer service to directly generate profits. They calculated that by increasing individual “service orientation” by just 5%, they could generate a 100% increase in sales across the organisation. To reach a critical mass of service representatives, they focused on training the managers to become experts and advocates for a customer service approach. These managers would then bring this knowledge and embed within their teams.
We worked closely with our client:
- To define a story of individual working situations that mirrored the daily challenges of their staff, partially based on a high-profile project completed by our customer. This was condensed into a four-day case study. This case study was the basis for over 80 Reality Training events, for more than 2,200 top executives.
- To create a fictitious company with its own offices, employees (business actors), products and customers – down to the very last detail of a website and branded pens, to ensure that participants could completely immerse themselves in the simulation.
- To train a leader service-orientation mindset and skillset by putting them in challenging but realistic situations to observe how they react and provide them with feedback related to specific learning goals.
The differences we made:
- The executives realized under real conditions, why change measures are necessary and important – top executives refer to the Reality Training as the most sustainable learning experience and personal change in a business environment.
- The executives were soon ready to role-model and lead by example with their newly-learned behaviours and ways of working, quickly experiencing the benefits and upturn in customer satisfaction.
- Long lasting and effective learning experiences were delivered to more than 2,000 people within a very short time period.
- Executives prepared for their tasks as quickly and sustainably as possible, namely they underwent a hands-on pre-training program, which included a stay at a local service point to experience the day-to-day life of their customer service teams first hand.