Streamlining an organisation across 21 countries
Client Sector: Food-processing Industry
Location: Multiple European Countries
Our client had outgrown their organisational model and it no longer corresponded to their business drivers and goals. They needed a structure that was simple to navigate and focused on growth. Their goal was to create a structure that encouraged accountability and responsibility among their employees, particularly in responding to customer-service demands.
The resulting reorganisation took place across 21 European countries, entailed a consolidation from 25 to 10 Business Units and included the installation of an overarching cluster structure. We were engaged to lead the communications and change management workstreams with a focus on cultural change.
We worked with stakeholders globally across the organisation to:
- Manage a signature consultation process that permitted all employees to submit their feedback on the transformation over a six-week time period (over 2,000 questions from employees processed in 21 languages)
- Produce the communication strategy and announcement material, coordinating a team of 15 contributors
- Support the newly formed leadership teams across the clusters to define a common vision and develop effective ways of working
- Implement a Change Stream Leaders’ and Change Ambassadors’ network throughout 10 Business Units involving ~100 employees at all levels
- Lead a dedicated Culture workstream, to embed the change into the structures and behaviours of the company
The differences we made:
- The project was considered best-in-class worldwide and the methodology was replicated across multiple additional regions
- Record levels of adoption were recorded among employees in post-implementation KPI measurements
- A significant impact on the bottom-line of the company
- An increase in change management skills and change adaptability among supported populations